Planning and returning to the salon
Planning Through a Proactive Consultation
Planning usually helps with identifying unexpected circumstances that we typically wouldn’t otherwise see of be aware of. When we plan to walk into this new world, there might be a few things to consider when we take the first few steps...
A proactive consultation is a phone call, zoom meeting or text message conversation. Communicating with your clients and customers allows you to understand their expectations for you to get an idea of what you’ll be facing when you return to the salon. A conversation could include:
- Asking about the health and wellbeing of your client
- Offering suggestions about hair care maintenance until scheduling an appointment is an option
- Updating your client about the status of your availability
Creating a New Routine
Depending on your location and safety preferences, there will be some factors to consider in returning to work.
- Operating equipment might feel like a bit of a foreign task for some of us, try to go easy
- Check with governing officials to consider regulations for population and safety protocols
- We will surely succeed with safety of ourselves, our customers and salon as our main focus
Taking Care of Yourself Today
Most of all, be sure to take care of yourself first - taking on too much & jumping back in too quickly might not be best for you. Carefully be aware of things that might cause stress as you begin to work within your new routine. We wish you well as we all move through this time together.